Chicago Doctor Who Meetup Message Board › "Asylum of the Daleks", a few observations and questions

"Asylum of the Daleks", a few observations and questions

I am the P.
user 3439819
Franklin Park, IL
Post #: 124
After watching "Asylum of the Daleks", a few observations and questions. Seeing this new hybrid of Human/Dalek in Darla. Have the Daleks found a new way of trying to bond with Humans? Is this a continuation of the experiment when Dalek Sec was transformed into a Dalek Hybrid with a Human in "Cult of Skaro"? It seems that Daleks are passing Dalek nanites into Humans and re-write their DNA and give them Dalek features. Like Humans when they have been assimilated by the Borg in 'Star Trek:TNG.' Also, what kind of Dalek technology is used to get nanites into Humans (i.e. the make-up artist and bus driver) without the Daleks being on Earth or in orbit of Earth and able to abduct Amy and Rory from Earth? Did you they use some sort of transmat beam that works across great distances to get them to the Parliament of the Daleks? Is it possible that Oswin isn't really a Dalek? Maybe something has been done to wherever she is held up that it gives the appearance to others on the outside that she comes across looking like a Dalek? We shall find out in episodes to come!
A former member
Post #: 4
If Oswin is not a Dalek, but was trapped inside the Dalek shell...if she was reduced to that small size...wouldn't she have less brain cells...thus not be so smart...
A former member
Post #: 374
Didn't see that episode(which episode was it, in terms of seasons?), If the whole body is shrunk, then the individual cells would be shrunk in same proportion, without changing the absolute numbers. Just think what it would do to reflexes!
I am the P.
user 3439819
Franklin Park, IL
Post #: 125
It was "Daleks in Manhattan". It the fourth episode of the third series from 2007 from the Tennant era.