The Dubai Writers' Group Message Board › DUBAI WRITERS' GROUP SHORT STORY CONTEST - NOW SPONSORED - AND FREE TO ENTER!

DUBAI WRITERS' GROUP SHORT STORY CONTEST - NOW SPONSORED - AND FREE TO ENTER!

Closed to new replies

Will
DubaiFreelance
Dubai, AE
Folks,

GREAT NEWS!

The first Writers' Group short story contest has now kindly been sponsored by John Moore of Mastermind, the Knowledge Village-based business consultancy. John is a long-term member of the Writers' Group, and is about to publish his very first novel!

This now means, thanks to John's generosity, that ENTRY IS FREE - and the prize money stands at a veery worthwhile AED500!!

We have a few entries, and now a panel of four judges - John included - so if you don't have plans this weekend, why not get your thinking cap on and GET WRITING?

Good luck!

Best Wishes

Will
Vishnu S.
user 14132822
Dubai, AE
Post #: 1
Thats Great!!! Shall we make a Facebook page and event for this??

A stupid Question 'Is it alright if ma story is too short, like some 10- 20 words??'

Tamara P.
TamaraPitelen
Dubai, AE
Post #: 1
wow, that's awesome news! big thanks to John for being so generous (and congrats to him on getting his first novel published, I for one would like to know how he managed that!)
Tam
saeed s.
writershiek33
Dubai, AE
Post #: 22
Will
DubaiFreelance
Dubai, AE
Post #: 12
Thats Great!!! Shall we make a Facebook page and event for this??

A stupid Question 'Is it alright if ma story is too short, like some 10- 20 words??'

With more than 800 members, do we need to advertise it on Facebook? If each member mentions it on their own Facebook page (those who have one) that would be a massive audience!

A 20 word short story would be a very impressive feat - do it!
Nebambe G.
user 12219538
New York, NY
Post #: 3
Can someone tell me how we are going to submit the short story? mine is ready.
saeed s.
writershiek33
Dubai, AE
Post #: 26
Can someone tell me how we are going to submit the short story? mine is ready.

there is going to be a meeting on the 28th you can submit then
Ujitha D.
user 10990486
Dubai, AE
Guys, conducting the meet ups at Mall Cafe's and Food Courts is not entirely conducive for free flowing conversation and serious discussion. We witnessed this with the last one at MOE, despite the fabulous company!
Might I suggest "Century Village" for the March 28th Meet up. It's sort of a median venue to everyone; less crowded at 7 pm and we could take in the good weather whilst it lasts!
Minn M.
user 13701981
Dubai, AE
Post #: 2
Hey My story is near finished too. Can we possibly make it around 6:30pm so that we can get off earlier as well. Some of us have young kids to come back to.
Benzi
user 8197183
Toronto, ON
That is generous gesture from John... I haven't arrived in Dubai yet, hopefully should be there by mid-Feb & then can't wait to meet the group :-)