addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Dubai Writers' Group Message Board › NaNoWriMo

NaNoWriMo

Hollie P.
user 29864452
Dubai, AE
Post #: 1
Hey, writers. :)

How many of you have heard of NaNoWriMo? nanowrimo.org

It's an annual, month-long, 50,000word novel-writing challenge, that kicks off on November 1.

I'm your local (/regional, since our region includes the whole Middle East) Municipal Liaison, so I'm drumming up a little pre-event excitement. ;D

Now, I know 50,000 sounds like a hellish load of writing, but that's part of the fun! And it's only 1667 words a day - most of us can manage that, easy-peasy.

Check out the website to find out more! Things will be officially launched later in October (HQ's not given us an exact website launch date yet), and then it's all hands on deck for a month of writing madness.

Feel free to get in touch with me if you have any questions!
A former member
Post #: 2
Yay!!! Looking forward to it :)
A former member
thats great ! how do i get in touch with you ?
Hollie P.
user 29864452
Dubai, AE
You can catch up with me on the NaNoWriMo website - my username there is rosywn. :) Or, you can email me at hollieparker[at]live.com. ^^
A former member
hi, im not able to find u on nanowrimo :(
can u please add me its laila.zafar
thank you so much !!
Hollie P.
user 29864452
Dubai, AE
Post #: 3
That would be my mistake for typoing my username!

I've added you. :) My profile is http://www.nanowrimo....­ - you can go there and add me.
Padmini B. S.
paddyshanks
Dubai, AE
I have heard of this and want to jump into it. How do I do that? Sorry, I'm not too computer savvy! Padmini
Hollie P.
user 29864452
Dubai, AE
Post #: 4
Hi Padmini! :) You need to go to www.nanowrimo.org to sign up (http://nanowrimo.org/...­ is the direct link), and then it all kicks off on November 1. :D

The site is quite easy to navigate once your in. Most of the features are still inaccessible as the team gear up for the launch later this month, but when it's all up and running there will be forums, word counters and other fun stuff to access. :D

You don't need to be tech savvy beyond being able to work your way around a website! You don't even have to write your novel on a computer, if you don't want to... though it does make counting your words easier. ;D

Drop me a line if you have any questions!
rishika
user 66430742
Dubai, AE
Hi , I am rishika from dubai, This is my first time doing nanowrimo, Please let me know in dubai what time does nanowrimo begins?
Hollie P.
user 29864452
Dubai, AE
Post #: 6
Hi Rishika,

NaNoWriMo starts everywhere in the world on November 1. So in Dubai, it would start at 00:00:01 (local time) on November 1, and end at 23:59:59 on November 31.

I hope that helps?