The American & Irish Group Message Board › Free US TV Online Access for US Expats in Dublin

Free US TV Online Access for US Expats in Dublin

Darren B.
DarrenBlum
New York, NY
Post #: 10
As a courtesy to US expats, my company has started offering free online access to ABC, CBS, CW, FOX, NBC, and PBS to all US citizens and residents anywhere around the world. You can watch at USTVNow.com

We offer our free service for three reasons:

1. To help Americans abroad make better informed voting decisions;
2. To help children and grandchildren of an American parent to be familiar with American culture;
3. To ensure Americans overseas have the same communications media rights and privileges as their counterparts in the U.S.

Our service is highly reputable and is recommended by many US Chambers of commerce and Embassies. (See List)

There are also options to upgrade to a full cable subscription with DVR.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know.

Darren
Kim
user 9759235
Dublin, IE
Post #: 6
Sounds intersting, I will look into it. Thanks.
Maribel
user 8372080
Dublin, IE
Post #: 4
Seems to work just fine. Thanks.
Scott P.
TravelScott
Dublin, IE
Post #: 17
This is a wonderful idea and I'm surprised that this type of service has not been offered in the past. With so many Americans living overseas, it can be difficult to keep in touch with news and events of importance bck home.

I am a little confused though about what this service is really about. How do you prove that only U.S. citizens (residents) are able to access these broadcasts? Is it really legal? The reason I ask that question is because there are many instances of websites where you can watch and download movies and TV which are clearly not legal and even dangerous to your computer.

I visited your website and there is no company information or contact information so that makes me seriously nervous about signing up and ever considering giving out a credit card. Perhaps you can offer more information here or on your website. Good luck!