Please note the following changes:
- Venue - no longer at McGrattans as it's not ideal, especially when no one who has rsvp-ed turns up, ha! I am changing the meetup to a Starbucks but will move it around from place to place until we find somewhere salubrious. Your suggestions are welcome.
- No more speakers. I'll bring a 5 way signal splitter so upto 5 people can listen to the same music through headphones at the same time. It's not really ideal using my PC speakers to compete with a pub's PA. Please bring your own headphones.
- Limit of 5 people. Mostly because the signal splitter allows for a maximum of 5 headphones.
This meetup is to help us produce and promote our music.
Each session features a recorded music "share & critique". This involves bringing our playback devices with our recorded music or demos to get feedback, suggestions (e.g. the guitar is great but the vocals are too low in the mix) or just to put it out there.
I will bring a Belkin 5 way splitter so even if your music is stored on a smartphone or soundcloud etc, we will be able to play it.
Please bring your own set of headphones.
Also, if you have the time, post a link to your sounds below in advance of the meetup so we have time to mull them over.
Also, also, if you'd like to have your website or bio critiqued, sound out your ideas or discuss any other aspect of life and/or the universe, do drop in.
• Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 usb audio interface review.
• Distribute digital files to itunes, spotifiy etc with distrokid.com ($20 per annum) or via awal.com (15% commission).
• Amazon's Createspace is a way of distributing music on CD ("print on demand" system).
• How to get your bio, genre, similar artists etc onto online marketplaces such as itunes, spotify etc.
• Interesting article re internet and the value of music.
Showcase nights (not open mics, must be booked in advance):
• MON: Whelans Song Cycle – [masked]
• TUE: New Music – [masked]
• WED: The Globe pub. [masked]
• Swords, Dublin / FM104 tie in - https://www.facebook.com/ThePinkChandelier
• Upstairs at whelans, costs €200.
• Sweeneys, the basement, is free or cheap.
• Bewleys Cafe Theatre..?
• List of “Bring Your Own Beer” venues here: http://thumped.com/bbs/threads/comprehensive-list-of-byob-venues.83421/
• Berkleex Introduction To The Music Business free online course which begins on the 27th of May, 2014.
• The vocal recording technology course is another option.
• Introduction to Music Production, also from Berklee. This one starts on the 14th of July.
Our artists websites:
• (to follow, your site here)
Note: if you want to come along just to see what this is about, you're welcome.
Any queries, please pm or leave a comment below. Ditto if you'd like to host some of the meetups or be a guest speaker.