addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

NYC Freegan Meetup Message Board Freegan.info's NYC Dumpster Diving Meetup Discussion Forum › Free items in Spanish Harlem

Free items in Spanish Harlem

Alexandra
user 7391038
New York, NY
Post #: 4
HI!

Anyone interested in any of the following?

1. women's clothes sizes L-xxl
2. men's sweaters
3. a bin of men's clothes
4. 10 plates
5. some odd spices
6. cooking oil
7. cleaning supplies
8. old books

I have plenty more that I can share. Plenty of black garbage bags full of items that will be thrown if no one wants them.

Available during these next two weeks. then I will get rid of them. During the day or afternoon. thanks! - Alex
Marianna
user 12275449
Germantown, TN
Post #: 10
Hi Alex. I send you an email. If it is Ok we can come on weekend.
Thanks.
Madeline
madinelson
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 46
Alexandra, a more efficient place to post your offerings is on freecycle. LOTS of stuff gets picked up because it is a big network (more than 50,000 people) who are actually looking for stuff every day. It's free and very easy to participate. Go to http://groups.freecyc...­ for more info.
Kate
katenewyork
New York, NY
Post #: 93
craigslist free stuff
http://newyork.craigs...­
is also great for offering and receiving stuff and does not have the heavy handed moderators that freecycle has.
Alexandra
user 7391038
New York, NY
Post #: 5
Hi Alex. I send you an email. If it is Ok we can come on weekend.
Thanks.

I did receive you're email Marianna. PLease check Inbox I've sent one back :)

Also I do have things on Freecycle and free Craigslist but thank you for the advice.
- Alexandra
Jose I.
user 8519284
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 2
hi Alex. I am interested in cooking oil, mostly. If men's clothes are medium size maybe. May you send me the adrress for next tuesday, please.
QueenBoadicea
queenboadiceaofthe...
New York, NY
Post #: 25
Books?shock I'm interested. Please email me with your address. I may be able to drop in this Friday, 12/17/10.
Anne
user 6145311
New York, NY
Post #: 75
Personally, I find freecycle difficult to use. First they have a national website, then they have a local website, then they have a local Yahoo! group. If you have a Yahoo! account you have to sign in to it to use the local group, but you also have to have a username for the freecycle group. The last thing I need is more usernames and more sign-ins every time I want to do something. In addition, when I tried to post, it posted under my real name, at least I thought it did, then the post didn't appear at all, then days later I received a message saying my login failed, saying I did not have an account. But I know I have an account because when my password/username login failed initially, I checked "forgot password/username" and I was emailed my username, which I then used to sign in and post. How could I not have an account if the system emailed me my existing username and told me to use it?
A former member
Post #: 3
If you're willing to take a trip to Greenwich Village on 12/26, you can take what's left of your items to the Really Really Free Market. I used to use Freecycle a lot, but it can be a pain because people flake, things come up, etc. The free market is easier because people will grab what they want and you don't have to take anything back. At the end if anything is left over, it get's boxed up and donated. There are a few other free swaps that occur throughout the city, but this is the one I frequent the most.

Here is the address:

Judson Memorial Church
55 Washington Square South
New York, NY 10012
(212) 477-0351

Get off the 1 at Christopher St and head towards Washington Square Park. It's across the street on the side near Mercer. Hope this helps :)