NYC Freegan Meetup Message Board › Looking for people to dive with monday nights (Non meeting nights)

Looking for people to dive with monday nights (Non meeting nights)

Nola R.
user 13552751
Bronx, NY
Post #: 1
Hello Everybody,

I am still new to diving for food and would like to get a few people together to go as a group. I plan to dive on Monday (January 10, 2011, beginning around 9:30pm)) in the 14th Street Union Square area. I mapped out a trail of were I'd like to hit. If your interested in joining me or have any suggestions send me a message.

Salud Y Amor
(Health and Love)

Nola
A former member
Post #: 6
Could we make it any night besides Monday? On non-meeting nights, I try to make it to a rehearsal; I've been going out by myself lately anyway.
Nola R.
user 13552751
Bronx, NY
Post #: 2
I guess a Tuesday or Wednesday would be fine. I plan to go a Monday because most stores get new deliveries on Tuesday Morning so they discard a lot on Monday nights before closing to make room for new stuff coming in.
A former member
Post #: 8
I guess a Tuesday or Wednesday would be fine. I plan to go a Monday because most stores get new deliveries on Tuesday Morning so they discard a lot on Monday nights before closing to make room for new stuff coming in.

Oh, that explains why we usually do our Trash Tour on Monday evenings.

And thanks for the explanation; I thought the idea of diving being illegal sounded kind of crazy.
Nola R.
user 13552751
Bronx, NY
Post #: 4
If anyone is interested in meeting up, I will be upstairs at New Valentino Market at about 9:30pm. The address is 54 Fifth Avenue between 13th & 14th Streets. My number is 347-849-9160. So if your interested please join me and we can go from there. I have bright pink hair, I am hard to miss.

Salud Y Amor
(Health and Love)

Nola
A former member
Post #: 3
Hi Mariel
I'm an anarchist, AIDS treatment activist & Squatter in the Bronx, I'm looking for others to go foraging with in NYC- -need meat & cheese for 12 cats, 3 dogs, bread & vegetables, fruit for the tribe-bioship05@yahoo.com, 646 755 4844
in opposition to Empire
David M