addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

NYC Freegan Meetup Message Board Freegan.info's NYC Dumpster Diving Meetup Discussion Forum › Dumpster Diving Film Screenings (Oct 14 & 21)

Dumpster Diving Film Screenings (Oct 14 & 21)

Lahoe K.
user 12690443
New York, NY
Post #: 1
Hello! I'd love to invite you guys to two screenings of my short documentary 'Bon Appetit, New York' which is about my 30 days surviving with dumpster diving. When I learned about Freegans at first time I did experiment to survive only food taken from trash for 30 days. And I recorded my life everyday and succeeded that with a lot of help from Freegan people. The film is dealing with my personal feeling about Freegans, wasting culture and myself, so I'd like to talk to many people. Here is information. Please come and say 'hello'. And both are FREE event!!!

1. Crown Heights Film Festival
Oct. 14 (Fri)
Happy-half hour: 6:30-7:00 PM
Screening: 7:00-9:00 PM
FiveMyles 558 St. Johns Pl. Brooklyn, NY11238
(2,3,4,5 Trans to Franklin Ave.)
http://thecrownfilms....­

2. The Doc Tank Film Night: Dumpster Diving Film & Talk
Oct. 21 (Fri)
7:00-10:00 PM
Screening 'Bon Appetit, New York'
Talk w. Freegans (& Crown Heights neighborhood)
Live music of Freegan Singer, Gio
LaunchPad- 721 Franklin Ave Brooklyn NY11238
(2,3,4,5 Trans to Franklin Ave.)
http://www.brooklynla...­
A former member
Post #: 20
Lahoe, I found your films on Vimeo. All of them are wonderful...well paced, subtle, humorous, honest, thought provoking, and emotionally moving. Thank you!
QueenBoadicea
queenboadiceaofthe...
New York, NY
Post #: 41
I was at the screening in Five Myles in Brooklyn. You proved that living a freegan lifestyle is not only possible but a wonderful option. (A vegetarian or vegan lifestyle isn't for me either. Thanks for showing that in your film. Different strokes for different folks. wink)

The amount of cooking you did for the whole month was startling for me. I generally cook only one large meal and then eat it and the leftovers during the following days. I like to cook but I wouldn't care for doing it every single day. Ack! Hats off to you.

I would have liked to attend the talk on October 21st but I have a previous engagement and probably wouldn't make it in time. Thanks for your invitation and hope to see you on future dives!