NYC Freegan Meetup Message Board › DD partner!

DD partner!

Samantha
user 39076932
New York, NY
Post #: 1
Hey guys,
I'm a newbie to dumpster diving and was wondering if there is anyone on the UES who wants to go with me on Monday nights when the group doesn't meet. I would love a partner to go with, mainly in the 60's-80's.
QueenBoadicea
queenboadiceaofthe...
New York, NY
Post #: 59
I have a few questions. Do you know the neighborhood really well in terms of shopping venues? If so, do you want a partner because you're embarrassed or shy about going alone? Are you inexperienced with the neighborhood and prefer someone on the UES who can lead you to the best spots for dumpster diving? Are you entirely ignorant of the neighborhood and don't care whether someone with you is equally ignorant but knows a thing or two about rooting through the trash?

I live in Brooklyn but I snoop in the trash anywhere I go. I've found free items for my apartment, from cats to coats, and know that opportunities are everywhere if you keep your eyes peeled. I'd be interested in setting up a tentative date for March 12th in the evening (the "official" trash tours generally start at 9 or 9:30 p.m.) but I'd like answers about your needs and expertise.