NYC Freegan Meetup Message Board › Looking to dive the South Bronx, Inwood, and Washington Heights

Looking to dive the South Bronx, Inwood, and Washington Heights

Shiloh L.
user 69953602
Potwin, KS
Post #: 1
Hello all. I live off Fordham Rd and I am perplexed why there are no divers here! There are lots of super markets and bodegas allong with colleges. if anybody is interested for meeting up and diving round these parts, hit me up! I also have a spacious apartment where we can cook afterwards too! Please email
me at shilohlevy@gmail.com or reply here. I'm hoping the surplus can be donated to my comrades at Occupy Trinity, Goldman Sachs, and/or Union Square.
Jose I.
user 8519284
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 9
Hi, i don't live at bronx. But maybe i can try at Washington Heights. I don't know the area. bronx is far away for me, i live in Queens. If you know the area, and it start not to late.. Can try. Lol.
Kate
katenewyork
New York, NY
Post #: 97
Hi Shiloh, glad to hear from someone up in the Bronx. I'm not in the Bronx, just in West Harlem, but I lived in Washington Heights before then. I'm also considering moving up to the Bronx, if I can find a neighborhood that is safe, not too long of a commute to midtown Manhattan, and not too far from good dumpster diving, so I would be interested in hearing your thoughts about where you live. I'm not sure about the quality of trash up in the Bronx, but I can tell you that Harlem trash is of bad quality, so I dumpster dive on the Upper West Side and Morningside Heights, which are wealthier neighborhoods with upscale stores that throw out quality food. I've seen only actual trash and/or spoiled produce here in Harlem. Let me know if you all find anything good in the Bronx, or if you would like to join me on one of my dumpster dives on the UWS/Morningside Heights.