NYC Freegan Meetup Message Board › Sharing the haul!

Sharing the haul!

A former member
Post #: 1
I just went to trader joe's dumpsters for the first time and maybe got over excited because I took more than I can handle. Meat veggies fruit pastries... I invite any of you to come share in the bounty! But I'm also interested in advice for what to do in this situation. I don't have many friends who are into salvaged food. How can I share the goodness? I live in Carroll gardens.
Jose I.
user 8519284
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 13
Is this TJ. on Atlantic Av. , i know that one is closed?.How to get yours by train?. If there is too much, can give some to somebody on your way. or left on a phone boot. Tell to some people walking . But is better to close your bag, to leave a good impression on the store owner and no spills.
A former member
Post #: 2
This is the TJs on Atlantic and court street which is very much alive and throwing away lots of stuff.
Jose I.
user 8519284
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 14
MUST BE THAT one. Bt when visit that we didn't see nothing. Maybe is because starts like 11pm to 12pm. I saw a video about it in the internet. So they throw the stuff late , and the garbage truck come fast. Look for the video about T J at the internet. Maybe we have to wait until the correct time. You must know the time. Greetings.
A former member
Post #: 3
I've only been there once- when I went the trash was coming out around 10:45 pm, 45 minutes after closing time. I heard from other divers there that they can vary a lot with when they bring out their trash. I probably left around 11:30 pm or later and there was no sign of a garbage truck coming, but most of the good stuff was taken by then anyway. My advice would be to hang out in the area (example, bike around the block) not long after closing until you see them bring out the trash.