addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
Genevieve
user 3270159
Bronx, NY
Post #: 2
Hi everyone, I have some free stuff I'm trying to get rid of & don't want to throw it out. I have a computer, monitor, keyboard, and some games, CDS, and computer books. It's old but works & some who is good with computer could also recycle it or use the parts. It's been sitting in my apt. for over a year and I hate to throw it out. Also have a vacuum cleaner I don't want. No luck on Craigslist. Any takers?

I also have a window gate (almost new... cost me a lot) that I might be willing to trade for something. Let me know...
Andy B.
FluffyNJ
Bedminster, NJ
Post #: 7
Please take the time to completely erase any personal files on your hard drive. This i8s so important to protect yourself.
A former member
Post #: 1
Hey Genevieve I'd like to stop by and check out what you have. Let me know what's a good time 4 you. You can email me directly at cathy_b@tmail.com.
Victor
user 2564873
New York, NY
Post #: 1
Can you tell me more about the monitor. Is it a flat panel or 17" or more. (heres to wishing)
Genevieve
user 3270159
Bronx, NY
Post #: 5
Andy, this may sound like a silly question but I'm not very computer literate, I guess. How would I go about removing the harddrive? Once that's done, I'll be more secure about giving it away. Catherine, I sent you a message but didn't hear back. Do you still want the computer? And to answer the other question, the monitor is a standard size and no, not a flat-screen. It's a 1995 Performa so it takes up a lot of space but it functions & it's free....
Andy B.
FluffyNJ
Bedminster, NJ
Post #: 8
I am sorry I have not written. I get a lot of email digests from Meetup and I thought individual replies would have a html subject line. Ok.You will need use the operating software to erase your document files or do a low level format with this DOS command from the Start->Run->FDisk c: This is strong DOS command to reformat your hard drive and will erase everything.# OR# You can to take off the screws from the back of the case after you disconnect all the wires and connections to the peripherals and power lines. There may a release latch to undo the case. After the case is off look for grey harness wire with a red stripe and power connection to the drive. The drive is square 4" by 6" in dimension and is screwed inside a bay within the case.