NYC Freegan Meetup Message Board › How about this Sunday for decluttering?

How about this Sunday for decluttering?

A former member
Post #: 30
For the four of you who were interesed in helping me declutter my apartment, how about this Sunday, maybe around 3 or 4 p.m.? I live on the East Side of Manhattan. The list of things I'm getting rid of is long, but I don't have a large amount of any one thing. If there is something in particular you're looking for, let me know what it is.
Anne
QueenBoadicea
queenboadiceaofthe...
New York, NY
Post #: 19
I know it may be too much to hope for...but I'm crossing my fingers and wishing "Blender! Blender! Blender!" biggrin Or waffle iron because the one I had, a trusted heavy-duty appliance with me for over five years, is broken. crying

So where are you, anyways?
A former member
Post #: 31
I'm on the East Side of Manhattan. Sorry, I'm keeping my blender. And I never had a waffle iron. Here's my list:

Kitchen items :
pastry cutter (I have 2 and only need one)
60 inch round stretch vinyl tablecloth, white with green leaves and vines pattern (new)
Toaster cozy for 4-slot toaster

cookbooks: Slightly damaged Joy of Cooking. Low-fat cookbook.

Foodstuffs: Progresso breadcrumbs (some). Szechuan peppercorns (some). Dry mustard (some). Miracle Whip. Anise seeds. Onion salt. Ginger (some).

Household: Flashlight. Twine. Nails. Lysol. Room freshener. Scrub pads. Grout. Rit dye (black). Tea lights (candles). Cassette tapes. Pants/skirts hangers.

Books: "Clash of Fundamentalisms" by Tariq Ali. Some professional books (psychology).

Office supplies: Butterfly clips (I think that's what they're called--to hold papers to numerous for staples/regular paper clips). Rubber bands (some). File folders (manila, 3-cut, some).
Amy
user 11151946
New York, NY
Post #: 1
Hi Anne,

Sunday 3-4 works just fine for me. I am interested in the following items:

Pastry cutter
Joy of Cooking
All foodstuffs
Room freshener
Tea lights

I'll swing by your house around 3! See you then!

Additionally, if there is anything you might need (I know you're getting rid of stuff) let me know. I might have it! Also, I am an experienced organizer so if you need any ideas for storage and decluttering I have much to offer.

Thanks again,
Amy
A former member
Post #: 32
Great!
I think Shah said he wanted the anise seeds and onion salt.
Since you're interested in the pastry cutter, maybe you'd like some baking soda too?
I recommend bringing small jars/tupperware for the foodstuffs.
Do you have my address/phone?
A former member
Post #: 33
You can call me at 917-861-2731 if you want to stop by today.
QueenBoadicea
queenboadiceaofthe...
New York, NY
Post #: 20
For the four of you who were interesed in helping me declutter my apartment, how about this Sunday, maybe around 3 or 4 p.m.? I live on the East Side of Manhattan. The list of things I'm getting rid of is long, but I don't have a large amount of any one thing. If there is something in particular you're looking for, let me know what it is.
Anne

You wrote "this Sunday" by which I took you to mean May 9th. But I never got any directions to your home besides the vague "East Side of Manhattan". Perhaps you sent the information and I never received it or you meant May 16th. confused I hope it was the latter.
A former member
Post #: 34
I was under the impression you were only interested in a toaster/waffle iron...
A former member
Post #: 35
I can accommodate anyone who wants to stop by next Sunday May 16...I discovered a few more items in the decluttering process:

iron pills (SlowFe) should be used within a month
garlic-flavored vinegar (an OLD bottle--but I don't think it goes bad--you can always cook with it)
Band-aids
emery boards
multi-colored glitter (one small bottle)
hp inkjet cartridges #57 and #56 one of each
corn cushions

still have the anise seed and onion salt, the toaster cozy and tablecloth, the twine, nails, grout, dye and all the office supplies mentioned previously, and the books.
Madeline
madinelson
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 45
Great initiative, Anne-- please post how it works out.
Be aware that 4pm on Sunday is a wild plant foraging walk in Prospect Park, so that may not be the best time for a declutter.
Also, remember that on May 30 (2 Sundays from now) there is a Really Really Free Market. You can bring all your stuff and I almost guarantee it will all get taken, although you won't know who took what, which is part of the fun of a "declutterware party".
Madeline