March 5 · 4:00 PM
Baarnsche dijk 8
We like to organise a new meetup to share, learn or discuss our experiences with MongoDB. Alvin Richards (Technical Director) @10gen is present to tell more about the roadmap of MongoDB. Also present the company SoftLayer, they started last year a datacenter in Amsterdam, for example to host MongoDB instances.
The idea is to have multiple sessions (parallel tracks) about real use case, problems or challenges ect. So this would be your change to promote your company solution, product or try to check your current use case with Mongo-ers.
- Application Development related: MongoDB best fit challenges Node, Java, Ruby and embrace modern techniques like HTML5
- MongoDB secrets and experiences
- Monitoring running nodes: Mongostat
- Designing experiences: No Joins?
- Compare MongoDB with traditional DB's like Oracle and Microsoft?
- Real Case: How to set up high volume of data inserts?
We trying to look for 30 / 40 minute Open Space sessions.
Ideas suggestions are welcome. Interested in to having your own session? Let us know.
16.10-16.50 MongoDB roadmap by Alvin Richards (Technical Director @10gen)
16:50-17:15 SoftLayer with MongoDB hosting solutions
17:15-17:30 Open Space the principles!
17.30-17.40 Grab coffee / drinks, move to next session
17.40-18.10 Sessions I Open Space
18.10-18.45 Pizza's / discussions
18.45-19.20 Sessions II Open Space
19.30-20.30 Wrap up / move to Barcamp
21.00 The End