Lets try again! I would prefer Saturday, but weather looks more favorable on Sunday. Be flexible, depending on conditions we may pick another destination.
You will have to be in good physical condition for this hike. Approximately 8 miles round trip. Elevation gain: 4000 ft. This hike includes very steep slopes, ridge hikes and avalanche terrain. Be prepared for high winds and an icy ridge.
On this trip you must bring:
- Crampons (Micro Spikes and YakTrax do not count as crampons!)
- Ice axe
- Balaclava (or similar head cover)
- Warm gloves
- Consider Ski Goggles (if it blows, you gonna miss them)
- MSR snowshoes or snowshoes of similar design. If you don't have MSR like snowshoes please rent them. Costco style snowshoes can be outright dangerous.
- Sturdy mountaineering boots that will work with crampons
- Plenty of warm cloth
- Harness or Prusik cords and carbiners
- Be prepared to rope up
- A bright shiny smile
- All other 11 essentials not mentioned above (flash light, first aid kit, etc.
- We will have to bring a rope
See last years trip: http://www.meetup.com/ePeaks/events/49200962/