Los Gatos, CA
Are you excited to designed software solutions that continuously delight millions of customers across the world? Do you have a passion for tackling the scale that comes with processing billions of requests daily? Are you driven to create elegantly simple designs for tough architectural problems and inspiring others to do the same? Then we would like to talk to you about a great opportunity at Netflix!
The Playback Features team delivers the always-on service that each customer touches when they press play. The team seeks a Senior Software Engineer to join us in our bold efforts to reimagine our server platform and shift to a solution that enables more rapid innovation across all devices. In this role, you will collaborate with device and metadata partners to define the overall interaction models for playback, and implement the orchestration of stream selection, content protection and play session management. You will work with rock star colleagues across the organization with a shared mission of leading the worldwide evolution from linear TV to Internet TV.
You can learn more about the technology the team has built to enable playback for Netflix: http://techblog.netfl....
IF YOU CAN…
- Address complex architectural problems with simple, intuitive design
- Work at all phases of the software development lifecycle (planning, design, implementation, deployment and support)
- Collaborate effectively with teammates and technical partners
- Communicate technical ideas and direction across the organization
IF YOU HAVE…
- 7+ years of relevant software development experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent engineering experience
- Exceptional Java, C# or C++, object oriented design and programming skills
- Experience with developing web services and evolving them rapidly to support changing business needs
- Exposure to cloud-based architectures
- Experience with state-of-the art tools and techniques such as web services (REST), data modeling and communication (JSON/XML), and rules engines
IF YOU PRACTICE…
- End-end ownership of major features and components: from inception to deployment
- Redesigning of complex systems to produce a simpler, more maintainable code base
- Test-driven development and continuous integration
- Attention to detail and openness to critique through code and design reviews
- Opportunistic code refactoring (you are comfortable changing tires on a moving vehicle)
…Then you have what it takes to tackle the challenge of bringing Netflix to millions more customers across the globe.
Netflix offers a unique culture that values freedom and responsibility. You can learn more at http://jobs.netflix.c....