1720 8th Street, Berkeley, CA
We are a co-ed soccer group for all experience levels. As long as we get at least 8 RSVPs for a game, then we'll play so make sure to RSVP if you plan on attending.
This park normally keeps the field lights on until 10 PM, but we play until 9:45 PM so we have time to pack up. All pick-up games are subject to the lights being on.
Rain: If it's raining or it has rained a few hours before our meetup time, our pick-up game will be cancelled so we don't unnecessarily damage the grass :(
Please bring a white and dark colored shirt so we can divide up into teams. Turf cleats will help preserve the grass field so bring them if you don't mind wearing them. As always, play at your own risk and always watch out for your mates on and off the pitch.
Your donations help pay for cones, goals, pennies, meetup fees, etc. so please make sure to contribute by donating $5 through paypal or by paying cash in person.
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way, and at any time in a sporting event sponsored by Albany Pickup Soccer, or its related groups, You, the participant:
1. Acknowledges and fully understands that each participant will be engaging in activities that involve risk of serious injury, including permanent disability and death, and severe social and economic losses which might result not only from their own action, inactions or negligence, but the actions, inactions or negligence of others, the rules of play, or the condition of the premises or of any equipment used. Further, that there may be other risks not known to us or not reasonably foreseeable at this time.
2. Agrees that prior to participating, they will inspect the facilities and equipment to be used, and if they believe anything is unsafe, will immediately advise the event organizers of such condition(s) and refuse to participate.
3. Assume all the foregoing risks and accept personal responsibility for the damages following such injury, permanent disability or death.
4. Release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue Albany Pickup Soccer, its organizers, and its related groups and affiliated organizations, their directors, commissioners, referees, employees, agents, facilities and sponsors from any and all liability to the undersigned, his or her heirs and next of kin for any and all claims, demands, losses or damages on account of injury, including death or damage to property, caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of Albany Pickup Soccer, or its related "releases" enumerated above or otherwise.
5. Whenever possible each provision, term and covenant of this Agreement will be interpreted in a manner to be effective and valid but if any provision, term or covenant of this Agreement is held to be prohibited or invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, then such provision, term or covenant will be ineffective only to the extent of such prohibition or invalidity, without invalidating or affecting in any manner whatsoever the remainder of such provision, term or covenant or the remaining provisions, terms or covenants of this Agreement.
6. In the event of any dispute between the parties which arises under this Agreement, such dispute shall be settled by arbitration in accordance with the rules for arbitration of the American Arbitration Association (or a similar organization) in effect at the time such arbitration is initiated. A list of arbitrators shall be presented to the Claimant and Respondent from which one will be chosen using the applicable rules. The hearing shall be conducted in the County of Alameda, California, unless both parties consent to a different location. The decision of the arbitrator shall be final and binding upon all Parties. The prevailing party shall be awarded all of the filing fees and related administrative costs. Administrative and other costs of enforcing an arbitration award, including the costs of subpoenas, depositions, transcripts and the like, witness fees, payment of reasonable attorney's fees, and similar costs related to collecting an arbitrator's award, will be added to, and become a part of, the amount due pursuant to this Agreement. Any questions involving contract interpretation shall use the laws of California. An arbitrator's decision may be entered in any jurisdiction in which the party has assets in order to collect any amounts due hereunder.
By participating in any Albany Pickup Soccer event and/or communicating with any of its organizers and event hosts, the participant indicates that s/he has read the above waiver & release, understands that they are voluntarily giving up substantial rights by participating in said events.