EatnMingle Message Board › What's New for Eat and Mingle? Co-organizers, new additions, party! July/August

What's New for Eat and Mingle? Co-organizers, new additions, party! July/August

Rey P.
user 33128842
Group Organizer
Toronto, ON
Hello members!
I hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful weather we've been having. Patios have never seem more tempting and with the free flowing drinks comes delicious, delicious food!
We've been working hard here at the Eat N' Mingle team. With our membership growing, our focus hasn't changed - We still want to provide a lively, intimate, dining experience at every meetup. I find that smaller meetups allow each member to chat with one another easily, which cultivates deeper connections and great friendships.
Taking the comments into consideration, we've been diligently working to provide an exciting and new food experience for everyone each week!
With this model, I've recruited two amazing helpful hands for our group! Merriam our co-organizer and Christian our event planner. Without these two, I wouldn't be able to hold or plan as many fun meetups. So make them feel welcome and part of the family, like you guys normally do.
______________________________________­________________________________________­___
Eat N' Mingle Party!!!
YES! it's about time we threw a big party to celebrate all the new things that has happened since our beginning! We turned 1, we have new organizers, we passed the 500 member mark, and we still really really love food!
So as of now- we are planning a party for August 3rd or August 10th with booze and catered food!
Cover will be $15 and this will include a drink ticket and also food. Details will come super shortly so look out for that on the page! Don't worry, there will be room for everyone!
______________________________________­________________________________________­___
RSVPs and The 3 Strike Rule
I want to thank all of our members for being fair and respectful with our RSVP system. There have been a few things that the team has learned by experience and these have been noted.
Along the same lines and in consideration to every member- the three strike rule will now be in forced for non-participating members who RSVP. Let's not forget that our meetups are small, so RSVPs are not only important but also stand for firm confirmations for your spot in the meetup. Not showing is taking the unique opportunity away from another member eager to try new food and meet new people.
Let's keep this a fun group and let's all be friends?
______________________________________­________________________________________­__
Supporting our Group with a Small Donation ($2/meetup)
It's been just over an year since I gave birth to Eat N' Mingle. Looking at it now, I'm really proud of the group and also thrilled with how many people have joined with me on memorable culinary adventures. For our group to trek on and as we expand membership into the future, I kindly ask for $2 at every meetup in order to cover the costs of our meetup subscription.
This helps us keep the meetup alive, shows your appreciation for the time and effort we put into this group, and also shows us your continued interest.
Thank you for understanding!
That's it for this email, it's a long one but a lot of important stuff that shouldn't be passed over (especially the party). So prepare for a fun time, prepare for food. Look out for our meetups every week, stay hungry, stay thirsty, eat on!

With Love and Steak,
Eat N' Mingle Team:
Rey, Merriam, Christian