Working with others isn't always easy. That's why Transition US is excited to offer you this two-day workshop on creating Effective Groups, with Transition Network's Nick Osborne, from the UK.
• Perplexed why it’s so hard to get things done
• Are you (or others in the group) scared of conflict?
• Frustrated by others on your team?
• Convinced that it shouldn't be this hard to work with others?
• Unhappy about power dynamics but don't know what to do about it?
• Wanting to run out the door at meetings?
• Thinking “it’s easier to just do it myself”!!!
Then you need Effective Groups Training!
Effective Groups is a 2-day skills-building training for individuals and teams. It started with Transition Town Groups in mind but this course is really for anyone involved in social change efforts. In addition to San Rafael this weekend, Oct. 5-6 there is another training in Los Angeles, with more cities to come.
Effective Groups is a dynamic and engaging training course which covers key skills for collaboration, including:
• Creating systems for teams to work effectively together
• Developing an enjoyable and fair atmosphere to work within
• Making order in the chaos to find freedom within a structure
• Utilizing diverse perspectives as an advantage instead of a problem
• Balancing achieving goals with keeping your team healthy and effective
• Managing conflicting needs and paradoxes, both within and outside the team
• Developing the skills & mindset to cross stony ground without falling out (or over) with each other!
The Effective Groups weekend workshop is Nick's labor of love for Transition Initiatives - helping Transition Initiatives develop facilitation skills and tools to navigate the ups/downs of the various phases of group development - forming, storming, norming & performing.
Date: Saturday, September 28, 2013 - 9:30am - Sunday, September 29, 2013 - 5:30pm
Venture Greenhouse (part of the Dominican University's Green MBA program)
30 Castro Avenue, San Rafael, CA 94901
Nick will also be offering a one-day Effective Groups Train the Trainer workshop on September 30. Train the Trainer workshops are intended for people who already have training and facilitation skills who want to deepen their understanding of the material and use it to train other Transition Initiatives and social change organizations. Participants in the Monday workshop must attend the weekend workshop and meet criteria which demonstrate they are already experienced group facilitators and trainers.
**Please note: Cost is $125 for the two day course and an additional $125 for the one day Train the Trainer workshop.
The training is also being offered in Los Angeles Oct 5-6 (you can rsvp for that on ebcoho also) stay posted for other sites.
For More information and to register at: https://www.transitionnetwork.org/training/courses/effective-groups ---
Note from EBCOHO meetup -- please mention that you heard about the series through EBCOHO as we are very pleased to be co-sponsoring some other events with Transition US.
Check out the video for more info on Nick's methodology.
If you are interested in becoming an Effective Groups trainer, visit the Train the Trainer workshop page for more information and to apply.
Effective Groups comes from integrating 20 years experience of working in social change projects, intentional communities and ecovillages and conventional and cutting edge organizational and leadership models. It is open to anyone involved in any kind of social change work, with preference given to groups using the Transition model to inform their work.
For More information and to register at: