OPEN HOUSE AT
GOLDEN GATE COHOUSING
[masked]th Street, Oakland
(corner of Herzog, one block east of San Pablo)
Golden Gate Cohousing is now forming. Are you, or your group, interested in helping create a long-term community that jointly owns these houses, works together to manage them, and regularly shares meals?
Come meet the organizers and prospective residents, tour the property, learn about our vision, and contribute your ideas.
The Property: Two Adjacent Late 19th Century Victorians in historic Golden Gate neighborhood
[masked]th (on the left in the picture) has six apartments: Three studios, three one-bedrooms
- Two of the studios have 11 foot ceilings with sleeping lofts
- Common space for shared meals, community gatherings, etc., available 24/7
- Common space has living room, guest bedroom, kitchen, bath, laundry
- Three apartments are open for occupancy
[masked]th, next door east, originally the twin of 1072 (which has been expanded):
- Three units presently; could be five if house were lifted
- Purchase of[masked]th to close at end of April; now unoccupied
- Combined yards provide large area for gardening, recreation, etc.
- Extensive landscaping; many palm trees
- Roof deck (on 1072) has panoramic view of hills and bay
- Decked patio with hot tub
Non-profit Developers: Jeff Billings and Jack Sawyer, Parker Street Foundation