May 5, 2013 · 8:00 AM
This location is shown only to members
For terms and conditions please refer to www.ecospirit.ca
This trip is for members only.
The team will travel together at the same pace for the duration of the hike. Every hiker MUST be within visual distance to each other.
We will gather at the parking lot and sort out car pool logistics. Extra vehicles will be parked at the side streets. The convoy will drive to the Chief parking lot and hike the Chief (3-2-1).
Priority will be given to members who signed up for the April 13 (Sat) hike which was cancelled due to poor weather.
- Elevation gain: 605 m.
- Round trip distance: 12 km.
- Estimate net hiking time: 4 hours
- Level: intermediate
- Pace: moderate
- Note: the first 20 minutes is straight stairs climbing
- the hike involves climbing up and down straight ladders and chains
- (this trip is not for beginers or those with height phobia)
We will head for the 3rd peak and transverse to the 2nd peak; subsequently climbing the rungs to the 1st peak. You must be comfortable climbing the rungs (picture above).
- food and water
- footwear: hiking shoes or boots
- clothing: wind breaker and core clothing, gloves, hat
- sun protection: sun block, sun glasses
- estimate team size: 4-8 (pending on available vehicles)
- If you are available and willing to drive, please post a comment
- consult with your respective drivers for car pool gas money