May 19, 2013 · 8:00 AM
This location is shown only to members
For terms and conditions please refer to www.ecospirit.ca
This trip is for members only.
The team will travel together at the same pace for the duration of the hike. Every hiker MUST be within visual distance to each other.
- location: Mt. Gardner (Bowen Island)
- round trip distance: 11 km
- elevation gain: 719 m.
- net hiking time: 5 + hours
- level: intermediate
- pace: moderate
We will gather at the church and sort out car pool arrangement. Extra vehicles will be parked at the side streets. We will take our vehicles to Bowen Island via BC Ferries, to the trail head. The plan is to take the 0905 hours sailing. We will hike to Mt. Gardner and return to the trailhead for our vehicle(s).
cost of transportation (round trip):
- passenger fare: $11.10/passenger
- cost of each vehicle: $31.65 (passengers to share this cost)
- please consult with individual driver about car pool gas money
- footwear: hiking boots or shoes; gaiters
- clothing: shell jacket (wind/rain); core jacket; gloves; toque; hat
- trekking poles (if you are used to using them)
- food and water
- sun protection (sun glasses; sun block; lip balm)
- bug protection: bug spray, head net, after bite
- Since there is no control over the waiting time for the return ferries, please do not make any other personal appointments/commitments after this hike. The exact return time to the church cannot be guaranteed.
- Estimate team size: 4 - 10 members (depending on availability of additional vehicles)
- I will be driving car-1 (capacity 5); if you can drive, please make a comment