June 16, 2013 · 8:00 AM
This location is shown only to members
For terms and conditions please refer to www.ecospirit.ca
This trip is for members only.
Will gather at the parking lot and work out car pool logistics. Extra vehicles will be parked at the side streets. The trail head is just over 20 km north of Squamish on Squamish Valley Road. If you are afraid of height, this trip is not for you as a portion of the trail is alongside a steep drop off adjacent to the creek and falls. We will be climbing up several chain/rope sections as well. We will hike up the trail and descend via the High Falls Forest Service Road (a safer option).
- round trip distance: 12 km
- elevation gain: 650 m.
- high point: 725 m.
- net hiking time: 3 hours
- rating: moderate
- pace: fast (no running)
- ensure you have enough rest the night before the hike as fatigue is a risk factor for accident (especially those who plan to drive)
- hiking boot/shoes
- snack and water
- shell jacket; core jacket
- sun protection: sun block, sun hat, sun glasses
- gloves (useful for going up chain sections)
- bug protection
- estimate team size: 4 - 8 members (pending on available vehicles)
- if you are able to drive & willing to take passengers, please post a comment
- please consult with individual drivers about car pool gas money
- we will go to Squamish for a late lunch