Jun 29, 2013 · 8:00 AM
This location is shown only to members
For terms and conditions please refer to www.ecospirit.ca
This trip is for members only.
On a clear day, you can see the Fraser Valley at the summit.
We will gather at the Wal-mart parking lot and work out car pool logistics. Extra vehicles will be parked on the side street (Skeena) running north to south adjacent to parking lot. Convoy will take Hwy-1 and drive to Abbotsford.
Sumas Mtn (Abbotsford) will take West approach
- distance: 13.5 km (round trip)
- high point: 885 m.
- elevation gain: 715 m.
- level: intermediate
- pace: steady
- net hiking time: 5.5 - 6 hours
- layer clothing (wind and rain protection)
- gloves (there is one or two rope sections)
- sun protection (sun glasses, hat, and sun block)
- insect protection (bug spray, head net, after bite)
- proper footwear (hiking boots or shoes)
- bring gaitors (if you have them; in case of a muddy section that we experienced in 2011)
- food and water
- trekking poles (if you are used to using them)
- estimate team size: 4 - 12 (depends on available vehicles)
- if you are able to drive and willing to take passengers, please post a comment
- consult with individual driver(s) about car pool gas money