Jul 1, 2013 · 8:00 AM
This location is shown only to members
The above photos (helipad at the summit with Cheam Peak in the background and from view point looking at Harrison Lake)
For terms and conditions please refer to www.ecospirit.ca
This trip is for members only .
We will gather at the Wal-mart parking lot and work out car pool logistics. Extra vehicles will be parked on the side street (Skeena) running north to south adjacent to parking lot. Convoy will take Hwy-1 and drive to Harrison. It will probably take up to 2 hours to drive to the trailhead from Wal-mart.
Bear Mtn (Harrison)
- distance: 18 km (round trip)
- high point: 1048 m.
- elevation gain: 1000 m.
- level: intermediate
- pace: steady
- net hiking time: 6 hours
The first half of the trip is on a resource road, and the second is on a trail. There is some muddy section (that's why I suggested gaitors; some over grown section towards the top, I will bring some tools to clear and mark trail).
- layer clothing (wind and rain protection; gloves and toque)
- sun protection (sun glasses, hat and sun block)
- insect protection (bug spray, head net, after bite)
- proper footwear (hiking boots or shoes; gaiters if you already have them)
- yaktrax or microspikes ( only if you already have them - just in case snow may be at the top)
- food and water
- trekking poles (if you are used to using them)
- estimate team size: 4 -12 members (depends on available vehicles)
- if you are able to drive and willing to take passengers, please post a comment
- consult with individual driver(s) about car pool gas money