For terms and conditions, please refer to www.ecospirit.ca
This trip is for members only.
We will gather at the church's parking lot and work out car pool logistics. Extra vehicles will be parked at the side streets. The convoy will drive to Whistler (Wedgemount Lake is about 12 km north of Whistler Village.) It will probably take 2.25 hours to travel from church to trailhead.
• round trip distance: 14 km
• high point: 1910 m.
• elevation gain: 1200 m.
• net hiking time: 7.5 hours
• rating: strenuous
• pace: moderate/steady
• challenge: steep climb; negotiate through roots; some scrambling up a scree slope just before arrival to the lake
• footwear: sturdy hiking boots
• food and lots of water (will take a short lunch break at the lake + lots of mini snack breaks to refuel our bodies)
• sun protection: sun hat, sun glasses, sun block, lip balm
• bug protection: head net, bug spray, after bite (FYI, I will bring my bug jacket)
• clothing: wind breaker (extremely windy at the lake; back up layer)
• headlamp/flashlight (just in case)
• estimate team size: 4 - 8 members
• If you are able to drive and take passengers, please post a comment
• consult with individual drivers about car pool gas money
• we will have dinner either at Whistler or Squamish after the hike (refueling our bodies is important)