This trip is for members only (no guest)
We will gather at the parking lot and sort out car pool logistics. Extra vehicles will be parked at the side streets. We will drive to the trailhead located at Lions Bay. The reason for an early start is to ensure we get a parking spot at trailhead and to get enough daylight for a very long hike.
We will ascend from trailhead to Mt. Brunswick. Then we will traverse through Magnesia emergency shleter route cross over to Mt. Harvey. We will then decend back to trailhead. This will be a very long day.
• round trip distance: 17 km
• high point: 1790 m.
• elevation gain: 1550 m.
• average grade: 21.4%
• estimate net hiking time: 10 hours
• rating: very challenging
• pace: moderate/steady
• challenge: steep ascend/decend; some exposed portion at top
• footwear: sturdy hiking boots
• clothing: shell jacket with hood; additional layer; gloves
• sun protection: sun hat, sun block, lip balm, sun glasses
• bug protection: head net, bug spray, after bite
• food and water (lots of them)
• trekking poles (if you are used to using them)
• headlamp or flashlight
• estimate team size: 4 - 8 members
• if you are able to drive and willing to take passengers, please post a comment
• consult with individual driver(s) for car pool gas money
• if you have not hiked with me, I prefer you to disclose your recent hiking experience (this is a major local hike)