August 16 · 7:30 AM
This location is shown only to members
Wal-mart is off Skeena (come in from Chevron gas station)
We will gather at Wal-mart parking lot and work out car pool logistics. Extra vehicles will be parked at the side street (Skeena). The convoy will drive to Manning Park via Hwy 1 & 3 (2.75 - 3 hrs to trail head). This hike is worth the drive. Expect a very long day due to the driving distance.
• round trip hiking distance: 21 km
• elevation gain: 480 m.
• net hiking time: 6 hrs.
• high point: 2272 m.
• pace: moderate and steady
• level: intermediate
• difficulty: easy until the trail that branches to First Brother (some elevation gain)
• footwear: hiking boots or shoes
• shell jacket and a back up layer
• sun protection: hat, sun glasses, sun block, lip balm
• bug protection: bug spray, after bite, head net
• trekking poles (if you are used to using them)
• food and water (lots of water) will be taking several snack breaks instead of one regular lunch break
• estimate team size: 4 - 8
• If you are able to drive and take passengers, please post a comment as you sign up.
• Consult with individual drivers about car pool gas money