Aug 9, 2014 · 7:00 AM
This location is shown only to members
This trip is for members only. This is a fly fishing trip.
Will gather at the parking lot and work out car pool logistics. Extra vehicles will be parked at the side streets. The convoy will drive to the trail head which is 7 km off Squamish Hwy just south of Whistler.
• round trip distance: 6 km
• elevation gain: minimal
• high point: 915 m.
• net hiking time: 1.5 hours (round trip)
• rating: easy
• pace: moderate and steady
• trail walking gear (the usual)
• food and water
• bug protection
• bear protection
• sun protection
• fly fishing gear (waders)
• river fishing gear (we will stop by any fishable river on our way back
• bring your non-tidal fishing license and fishing gear (fly and river)
• double check your fishing license and ensure compliance with regulation
• poaching and violation of fishing regulation is a very serious offence
• estimate team size: 4 -5 (unless additional vehicle(s) are available)
• high clearance vehicle suggested
• consult with individual driver(s) about car pool gas money
• we plan to go for a drink and food at Squamish after the hike