December 30, 2012 · 8:00 AM
This location is shown only to members
For terms and conditions please refer to www.ecospirit.ca
This trip is for members only.
We will gather at the parking lot. Work out car pool logistics, and reposition extra vehicles at the side street. The road leading to Diamond Head parking lot is rough with a lot of potholes. A 4 x 4 or a vehicle with high clearance as well as winter tires are needed.
Depending on the number of vehicles available, we may have to limit the number of members attending this trip. Members with proper vehicles and willing to drive, please indicate as you sign up.
The round trip distance of this snowshoe trip is 22 km. Estimate net snowshoe time will be over 6 hours. If you do not have snowshoe experience, this trip is not suitable for you as the first 2 hours will be steady climbing. It will take 2 hours to drive from the church to the trail head and 2 hours back. Therefore, do not make any personal appointment or committment after this trip as there is no guarantee about the exact time of return to the church parking lot.
- round trip distance: 22 km
- high point: 1560 m
- elevation gain: 600 m.
- estimate net hiking time: 6.5 hours
- rating: moderate
- pace: moderate to fast
- shell jacket (wind/rain protection); core jacket (warm); hat
- gloves and toque
- footwear: hiking/winter boots; gaiters; snowshoes
- sun protection: sun glasses ; sun block; lip balm
- food and water
- headlamp or flashlight
- estimate team size: 4 - 8
- please consult with individual drivers about car pool gas money