edX Global Community Message Board › What is PH207x all about?

What is PH207x all about?

Fahad H.
user 65061082
Cambridge, MA
Post #: 1
What is this course all about and how can it improve our skills?
A former member
This is the link where you can find the information you need.
[url=https://www.edx.org/courses/Harva­rdX/PH207x/2012_Fall/about]

I hope that helped :D
EFFAH ERIC S.
user 65111052
Cambridge, MA
This course, i believe, involves quantitative analysis of data concerning health.

I think a detailed of that is found at : https://www.edx.org/c...­
Will R.
user 10165384
Baltimore, MD
As I understand it, the course promises to provide us the basic tools and information to make educated choices concerning health services, funding and technological advancements. In a "nutshell" Quantitative Analysis of health statistics.
diah p.
user 65097302
Bogor, ID
As I know from youtube video about PH207x that published by edX, the point of this course is to allow the students to learn about what we can do with the statistics when applied to the biomedical and public health area. Our lecturer want to expose us to the basic principals of epidemiology and biostatistics. Additionally, they want us to be better consumer of the clinical and public health literature and able to interpret publication of we may read after taking this course :)
Deepak S.
user 65113652
Cambridge, MA
Well this course will teach us basic epidemiology and biostatistics. The technical part of the course would be data analysis. What i know they will be teaching us to analyse health related data with the help of Stata, which is a software for this purpose. Apart from this we would also be taught about different types of epidemiological studies and its application. Anyways one should watch out for Biostats as it can really get complicated as the course progresses.
EFFAH ERIC S.
user 65111052
Cambridge, MA
Post #: 3
Hi, Deepak you seem to have detailed fact about this course. May I ask is it going to be like lessons for medical students.
peter kofi t.
user 65532312
Cambridge, MA
understanding and interpreting public health and biomedical research findings is essential to the implementation of policies borne out of research and hence the need for basic knowledge in statistics and epidemiology. the course is offering people who by chance cannot have access to the Harvard learning experience to have feel of it through edx.
Dennis H.
user 6953496
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 4
How many took the survey to generate the data we will be analyzing?

BIENAIME COPAIN A.
user 65505532
Cambridge, MA
hope we all did