Come & join Toby (Lhasa Apso) and me, for a Saturday stroll in Peebles.
Set between the Moorfoots and the Southern Uplands, Peebles provides a range of walks to suit all tastes and abilities. Particularly popular an easy riverside walk leads along the beautiful River Tweed from the centre of this attractive town.
This enchanting walk heads upstream along the beautiful banks of the River Tweed from the town of Peebles. It passes the dramatic Neidpath Castle before crossing a minor road. We'll walk along stoned paths, past fields & cattle and along country roads. We'll then walk back along the river to climb to a viewpoint; before descending along country roads, past the Ambulance Depot and back to the car park.
TERRAIN = Riverside and woodland paths with a short section of minor road.
DISTANCE = approx 7.7 miles.
Bring along a packed lunch, as we’ll stop for a picnic on a grassy footbridge (with stunning views). Wear sturdy shoes, as the paths are rough in places.
PUBLIC TRANSPORT = First Bus: X70, 62, 62A.
Toby & I will meet you in Kingsmeadows Car Park, beside my car: A silver Peugeot 308. My car reg is: WIL 6076.
If you need to contact me on the day, my mobile number is:[masked] 7141.
Seen as there are more four-legged friends joining my walks, I thought it best to establish a few "dog rules". We need to be considerate of attending walkers, who are not dog owners / dog lovers. This will ensure we all enjoy the walks together...............
1) Please ensure that we pick up our dog's mess, whilst walking. (There seems to be an increased presence of dog wardens these days).
2) Dogs are not to be playing with balls while we're walking. (We don't want anyone or any dogs to get hurt).
3) Dogs are to remain beside their owners / be on lead, when we sit down for a picnic. (Not everyone likes a strange dog staring at them - and their cheese sandwiches!).
4) My walks are off-lead. However, owners are to ensure that dogs are put back on lead, if causing disruption to other dogs or humans. (We all want to enjoy the walk).
5) Flexi leads are not permitted on the walks. (We don't want humans & dogs getting tangled up).