addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The London Electronic Music Meetup Message Board › Music Production knowledge swap - Ableton Live

Music Production knowledge swap - Ableton Live

A former member
Post #: 21
Hi Guys
I'm a newbie to music production and want to get up and running with Ableton.
Any people out there who can help me out with some tips, maybe meeting up?
Cheers
Phil
Anthony
yoknapatawpha
Hove, GB
Post #: 28
Hey Phil. Do you have any particular areas of interest?

I've been using Live since an early beta of version 1 and, as well as being very broad and deep in it's functionality, one of the major features - distinct from many other DAWs - is its flexibility to be adapted to different, custom workflows. Which of course only adds to the potential to be lost in a sea of overwhelming possibility.

What kind of stuff are you trying to make?
A former member
Post #: 22
Hey Anthony
Thanks for the reply.
Complete beginner with Live and don't know where to start really. I guess I need a helping hand to explain the views, shortcuts, the possibilities etc.
I'm keen to produce dance music and other experimental electronica. Would love to do stuff with vocals eventually and do some mixes.
What do you do with it yourself? You sound pretty hot on it so would love to pick your brain more.
Cheers
Phil
Anthony
yoknapatawpha
Hove, GB
Post #: 29
Well I use Live to explore synth and effect experiments, produce warped ambient and mutant techno both on its own and conjunction with my hardware bits (http://soundcloud.com/ynohtna/­), and have also used Live for laptop DJing in the past (although I've since returned to decks as I find them more fun).

Reducing some of the steep learning curves of music production is part of my professional mission, so I'll throw you an e-mail to setup a mutual brain-picking session.