Emerging Church Discussion Group Message Board › Emergent movement: What about Southamerica?

Emergent movement: What about Southamerica?

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi friends!
I m a baptist pastor and professor of the International Baptist Seminary, interested to discuss what is the future and perspective of emergent movement, view since central countries.
That may include a socio-political point of view.

Rev. Santiago D. Villarreal Th.M.
santivil@yahoo.com
Steve K.
sknight
Group Organizer
Charlotte, NC
Post #: 202
Hi Rev. Villarreal,

Thanks for finding us here in Charlotte and for getting in touch! Your profile says you are in Charlotte, but I believe you are actually based in Argentina (where the International Baptist Seminary is located, in Buenos Aires), is that correct?

First, I think many of us here in Charlotte would be glad to share our perspective with you -- and we would be equally interested in hearing your perspective, based on what is happening in the Church in South America.

Second, because there may be things "lost in translation," I would also encourage you to seek out "Emergent" voices in Latin and South America who can help describe and discuss these things with fewer language barriers. The first person I would recommend to you is Luis Batista in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Luis is a blogger and part of an emerging church called Projeto 242.

That's my introduction. I'll have to come back later to share my actual thoughts on "the future of the Emergent movement." That's a big subject! For now, let me just start here, and close by saying, thank you again for contacting us!

Shalom,
Steve K.
A former member
Post #: 2
Hi Steve!
After a long time "without a Trace", I get contact again. In efect, I live in Buenos Aires, but on 2007 I was visiting Charlotte during a month in a misional activity with Latino Ministries of Presby of Charlotte. International Baptist Seminary is located in Buenos Aires indeed.
In this time, Emergent perspective is flourishing here in South America, but slowly.
I get contact with some people linked to the emerging environment.
If some people of you visit Buenos Aires, please let me know.

Santiago