Nov 5, 2012 · 6:30 PM
This location is shown only to members
Tickets available on our Eventbrite registration site: http://uls-boston.eventbrite.com/
Please join us for the Ultra Light Startups Feedback Forum and Pitch Showdown event
Ron Rubbico (@ronrubbico) Ron is an active investor in early-stage ventures, and has a background as a successful entrepreneur, executive, and adviser to technology companies. Ron co-founded and built Foliage Software and exited in the late 2000s.
Ian Mashiter (@ianmashiter) Ian is an Entrepreneurial Educator at Boston University School of Management and the Executive in Residence. He applies his experience and expertise evaluating potential companies for investment as a member of the Launchpad Venture group and Hub Angels Investment group.
Christopher Mirabile (@cmirabile) Christopher is the co-Managing Director of LaunchPad Venture Group, a venture investment group focused on seed and early-stage investments in technology-oriented companies. Launchpad is the largest angel group in New England and top-five ranked group in the U.S. Christopher is a full-time angel and an active member of the Boston-area angel investing community with more than forty investments in start-up companies. He was named one of XConomy's "Top Angel Investors in New England" for 2012.
- Patrick O'Quinn - Awesome.me
- David Shack - Spogo
- Avand Amiri - Sidewalk
- Greg Rublev - Lean Wagon
- GuyKlages 柯進強 - Sunrise Method
- David Asher- Mapocosm
- Eliran Sapir - Apptopia
- Cy Khormaee - PollKarma
Register to attend: Boston Event: Monday, November 5th (Eventbrite Ticket is required)
- 6:30pm – Pizza, networking and introductions
- 6:45pm – Investor Feedback Forum – 8-10 startups pitch to an investor panel; the panel provides actionable advice for each pitch
- 8:15pm – Pitch Showdown - audience voting via Twitter; winners announced and prizes awarded
- 8:30pm – Drinks at nearby location
The Investor Feedback Forum and Pitch Showdown is designed to:
- Help early stage startups refine their investor pitch
- Provide helpful, actionable advice on each startups business model from active, early-stage tech startup investors
- Demonstrate to the audience how investors evaluate startup pitches
- Award prizes to the most viable startups, based on audience and panel voting.
- Every startup pitching receives a complimentary 2 day pass to WorkBar.
- Top three winning startups will be awarded a $500 credit from Amazon Web Services
- Every startup pitching receives special access to the Ultra Light Founders club.
- First place winner of the pitch showdown will receive a $1000 credit worth of legal services from our Boston exclusive legal sponsor Mintz Levin
At the Investor Feedback Forum, the panel and the startup pitches are integrated into a single session. Startups pitch to a panel of early-stage technology investors. Each startup gives a pitch and brief demonstration of his/her product. The panel and audience ask follow-up questions after each pitch. The panel gives constructive feedback to each startup pitching. At the end of the series of pitches, the audience votes for their favorite pitches via Twitter. The winners are announced and prizes are awarded. Then we go for drinks nearby.