The Austin Empath Meetup Group Message Board › Highly Sensitive People

Highly Sensitive People

A former member
Post #: 3
Last night Scott and I mentioned a book, Highly Sensitive People. Today I did a search and discovered a website associated with it. I have not really explored it yet, but thought others might be interested in exploring it as well.

http://www.highlysens...­

Enjoy, Star
A former member
Post #: 23
Hi Star (and everyone!)- Thanks for sending this. I will certainly check it out! Here too is one I came across myself a few weeks ago! I hope to make the next meeting and talk with y'all again. I'm disappointed that I missed out on the shielding discussions! Oh, here's the website: www.sensitiveperson.com

~Maria
A former member
Post #: 7
I have recently read Aron's first book, and do see a lot of similarities with who I am and what she describes as an HSP. Where I may not fall squarely into that camp is that I do enjoy some activities which involve adrenaline and some risk (scuba diving, climbing, and want to learn kiteboarding, etc.), and I have a pretty traditional Christian faith. I have always been very empathetic to the feelings of others and am bothered when another person is suffering (even if they "deserve" it). I also have always felt overwhelmed by chaotic situations, and especially when people try to have me deal with more than one thing at a time. It would be interesting to talk to others about this subject.