addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Reiki Sharing Group Message Board › Olympia Reiki/Energy Healers Meetup/stepping down as coordinator

Olympia Reiki/Energy Healers Meetup/stepping down as coordinator

Diane S.
user 7341921
Olympia, WA
After much consideration, I have decided to step down immediately as organizer for this group which I took over in March 2009. At that time, I volunteered to be coordinator because no one was coming forward and the group was about to expire and be dropped from the Meetup website. I was reluctant because of my busy travel schedule, yet with a wonderful co-coodinator, we were able to keep the group going until she no longer could be in this role. Because of my travel and the holidays, the group did not meet for the last 3 months of 2009.

I was very much looking forward to starting afresh in 2010, particularly since my travel schedule is lighter this year. I went to the meeting on January 18 with high hopes of getting something meaningful going, particularly since 10-11 people had RSVPed that they were coming. Much to my disappointment, NO ONE came except for one person who was not among the 10-11 folks who said yes. What happened to everyone?!?!?!?!? I felt like I was in the twilight zone and checked and rechecked the annoucements, date, time and location of the meeting to be sure that the information posted was accurate, and it was. A mystery for sure. However, I took it as a sign that perhaps my time as coordinator was over.

I believe the group could serve a highly beneficial purpose for the community, both for practitioners and for those who are interested in energy healing, and this is why I did not want to see it lapse. However, clearly I took over the group at a time when I could not devote myself to it. Concurrently, the group was not well attended, and those who did come, often did not do so on a regular basis. Regular participation on the part of group members was also a concern for the previous group coordinator.

Perhaps a new coordinator can bring forward a new vision for the group, and here I would be happy to offer any encouragement and support as would be helpful. Note that there is a fee for being listed on the Meetup site that to date I have paid, $72 per every 6 months, for a total of $144. The group is paid up through March 13, 2010. I have not charged a fee at meetings to cover this cost. If no one steps in by this time, the group will cease to exist.

I am canceling the February meeting so that anyone who becomes the new coordinator can pick their own date, location and time.

I hope that the group continues, and wish everyone the best. If you wish to reach me, you can do so at 360-412-5433 or heartpathcenter@earthlink.net. Thanks so much.

Blessings, Diane Shewmaker
www.heartpathcenter.com