Calgary & Area English Bulldog Meetup Group Message Board › Puppy mill warning in calgary

Puppy mill warning in calgary

Brandy
user 75718402
Calgary, AB
Post #: 1
This is a warming to anyone looking to buy a bulldog puppy...do not buy from Canada Bulldogs...I recently purchased a puppy from him and he is so sick. He has many genetic defects and is full of parasites. My vet seems to think he's part if a big puppy mill due to his tattoo( a real tattoo gun was used and he was numbered on the inside of his leg). The so called breeder was very rude and defensive to me when confronted and showed no concern for the puppy. My vet laughed at his health garauntee because its so awful. Please educate yourself before purchasing!!!! If anyone knows of any forums or help out there is appreciate it.
Karen T.
user 72172642
Calgary, AB
Post #: 4
Hi Brandy

We too got a puppy from Brian and yes our puppy has been sick also, I blame myself for not knowing more but our poor 6 month old Harley is paying the price with tummy troubles and skin problems :(

Karen
Karen T.
user 72172642
Calgary, AB
Post #: 5
Hi Brandy

We too got a puppy from Brian and yes our puppy has been sick also, I blame myself for not knowing more but our poor 6 month old Harley is paying the price with tummy troubles and skin problems :(

Karen
Karen T.
user 72172642
Calgary, AB
Post #: 6
Hi Brandy

Karen
Rosalind D.
user 88377622
Calgary, AB
Post #: 1
HI there, I am new to this group and clicked on here ... I had just recently purchased my pup from Canada Bulldogs! Brian Neil was his name and I went and meet him at his house to meet this pup and of course I had many questions. He was very informative and I was concerned of a possible puppy mill happening. I of course with my husband and children met the pup and of feel in love. I read the contract over and over and decided, yes we wanted him. I took my pup to my main vet and he said he is healthy, heart was great, skin and coat, eyes were clear and good mouth. My concern is that our vet isnt a specialized vet in this breed and he would refer me to one. I will in fact bring my pup to a specialized brachycephalic vetrinarian but has anyone used Brian's referred vet? At this moment I would like an opinion from someone (vet) that doesnt know this breeder. Im sorry to hear that someone I trusted could or has mistreated your trust.
Andrea C.
user 14107669
Sherwood Park, AB
Post #: 9
We purchased our Bulldog puppy Frank back in 2010 from "Perfect Bulldog Puppies", the former name of Canada Bulldogs. We were living in Vancouver at the time and the "breeder" was located in North Vancouver. We were told that the individual we were dealing with was the nephew of the actual breeder who was located in Southern Ontario with all the dogs. We were told that his "uncle" would ship out a few puppies for him to sell in the Vancouver-area, and that they had relatives selling puppies in other locations in Canada. Frank also had the tattoo on the inside of his leg. We of course fell in love with Frank, and despite knowing that something wasn't quite right, we brought him home.
Within a few weeks Frank's health issues began. Around six months old, during one of his worst bouts of aspiration pneumonia, our vet didn't know whether Frank was going to make it through the night. We watched Frank suffer through two separate knee surgeries, nose and palate surgery, eyelid surgery, countless bouts of aspiration pneumonia, skin issues, and a few seizures. He took medication daily (four pills each day) and required quite a bit of upkeep to maintain his skin/wrinkles, including medicated shampoos and ointments. Despite his struggles, Frank remained a gentle, loving and goofy soul.
We found an awesome vet when we moved to Edmonton (Dr. Stretch at the Spruce Grove Vet Clinic), and Frank was actually quite stable for the last year or so. And then this month he suddenly aspirated and passed away, just shy of his fourth birthday. We are so completely devastated by his loss.
I did a Google Search recently to see whatever happened to the breeder Perfect Bulldog Puppies. It appears that a family in Ontario came forward to express their concerns back in May 2013, and a few news networks picked up the story. Canada Bulldogs (the new name), is actually a Bulldog "Brokerage", so the story we received about the nephew/uncle relationship was completely false. We were dealing with a broker and it seems like hundreds of sick dogs were knowingly sold to trusting families.
You should be able to find the story with a quick internet search. It's very sad. I couldn't find anything about the Company now, so I'm hoping they finally closed up shop.