|Sent on:||Sunday, July 15, 2012 11:01 PM|
8 Free PR Resources
Our Speaker for 12 June 12 was Erika Taylor Montgomery, CEO of Three Girls Media & Marketing Inc. She talked about 8 Free PR Resources for Startups & Small Business.
1. H.A.R.O. (Help A Reporter Out) – HelpAReporter.com. Everyone’s an expert at something. Sharing your expertise may land you that big media opportunity you’ve been looking for! Journalists post specific queries – up to 90 each day. You respond directly to them if you are a good source for their needs. From The NY Times, to ABC News, to HuffingtonPost.com and everyone in between, nearly 50,000 members of the media have quoted HARO sources in their stories. Also check out a similar service on PitchRate.com & ReporterConnection.com
2. Google Alerts –are Email updates of the latest relevant Google results (web, news, etc.) based on your choice of query or topic. Some handy uses of Google Alerts include: a) monitoring a developing News Story, b) keeping current on a Competitor or Industry, c) getting the latest on a Celebrity or Event, d) keeping tabs on your favorite Sports Teams.
3. SocialMention.com – Social Media Alerts is like Google Alerts, but for social media. Receive free daily email alerts of your brand, company, CEO, marketing campaign, or on a developing news story or a competitor.
4. Free-Press-Release.com – A great site to submit press releases for free online - which is terrific for search engine optimization (SEO), or pay up to $30 for additional optimization and features including hyperlinks, no ads, additional keywords etc. Note that this service puts your release online only, it doesn’t actually submit it to any media sources.
5. PubArticles.com – Sign up and posting of articles is 100% free. If your article meets 4 requirements: 1) it’s totally original, 2) it hasn’t been published anywhere else, 3) it’s useful or helpful information and 4) it meets the site’s writing guidelines, it will get ‘exclusive’ service which brings a variety of benefits including being posted to Google News, distribution to Twitter and other social media and your article being published on PubArticle’s homepage.
6. HootSuite.com – This service allows you to post and update ALL of your social media in one place. Populate the content of your Facebook, Twitter, Linked-In, Flicker, Blog and other social sites all at once, or schedule them to go out at predetermined times in the future. HootSuite provides basic measuring – such as showing you how many people click on your links or re-tweet your posts – for free. For one account it’s free, to manage multiple accounts it’s less than $10 per month. Also check out TweetDeck.com & SproutSocial.com – which are similar
7. Animoto.com –automatically produces beautifully orchestrated, completely unique Video pieces from your photos, video clips & music. Fast, free & shockingly easy, Animoto syncs with Facebook, Flickr, Picasa, Photobucket, & SmugMug to get your images in a snap. Add text and emphasize specific images with the touch of a button. Upload your own MP3 or choose from Animoto’s collection of tunes in several different genres. Also check out GoAnimate.com
8. Jing – is a free Screen-Recording software tool. It’s ideal to create Video demos and to turn Power Point presentations into awesome videos.
Contact Erika Montgomery at (408)[masked] or [address removed] with any questions or for 30 Minutes of Free Consultation on PR.