We are group of concerned people who care about protecting the environment in some way. We have are at different stages of experience from the novice to the activist. Everyone is welcome.
Our focus is on:
1. Individual things we can do to take care of our environment.
2. Become more aware of issues, to take action through various organizations, and to get involved in local activities to restore the balance of our natural environment.
We host 4 types of meetups:
1. Healthy Home, Healthy Planet Series: Tips and information for individual choices for products and practices.
2. Environmental Issues and Topics: Guest speakers from organizations that have focus on specific issues.
3.Take Action events: volunteering for beach cleanups, reef cleanups, invasive plant removal, and similar activities.
4. Education/Social Outings: We attend educational events and classes hosted by other groups. We also like to go on nature excursions such as hiking or kayaking.
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|About Broward County Environmental Group||October 8, 2007 1:04 PM||former member|