Sierra Club - West Los Angeles Group Message Board › HIKE IN HAWAII THIS SPRING WITH THE SIERRA CLUB

HIKE IN HAWAII THIS SPRING WITH THE SIERRA CLUB

RICHARD G.
user 7425774
Lake Forest, CA
We still have space for 8 more participants at the reduced price of $1095.

May 10 – May 16, 2011 TUE-MON
HAWAIIAN ADVENTURE

This popular Sierra Club Hawaiian hiking trip takes you to parts of Oah’u that few tourists ever experience. We will go on four beautiful hikes of varying difficulty into the tropical rain forest. Three of these are 4+ miles, with moderate elevation gain. We will hike to waterfalls and along flowing streams. Every trail leads us through lush vegetation to magnificent scenic views. Participants will also snorkel at Hanauma Bay State Park, which offers some of the island’s finest snorkeling. Occasionally you may even see turtles! Start your Aloha experience the first morning with an optional group surfing lesson with a world famous Waikiki Beach Boy. Swim, surf, and listen to island music daily at Waikiki Beach. Price includes round- trip flight, 6 nights lodging and ground transportation. $1,195 or less (see web site for details). Reserve ASAP ($500 deposit, balance due April 15, 2011. Full refund up to the purchase of the airline ticket). This trip consistently sells out, book early. Limit 25. Contact Ldrs: Richard Glick 949-859-0255 or rmglick@cox.net or Christine Dickey 949-651-9642 or dickeychris@earthlink.net. Write “Hawaii 2011” in your subject line. For more information visit http://members.cox.ne...­.

HERE’S WHAT PEOPLE SAID ABOUT THE PAST HAWAIIAN ADVENTURES.

This trip was my Hawaiian dream come true! Beautiful hikes were very well organized. Hotel right next to the beach was great. We got to see places that most tourists never visit and also hit tourist attractions in our spare time. Excellent planning! Thanks, I had an awesome time.

If you can only afford to travel to Hawaii once in your lifetime, this trip is it!

WOW,,, is all I can say... this trip is at the top of my list. AND,,, what made it so much fun,, was the entire group.. everyone was a comedian... after the first day,, we were all best buddies. Not a grouch or grump in the group!! Alaska had been on the top of my list,, then my 100 mile 10 day trip in a covered wagon, during Death Valley Days was second,, and gotta tell ya,,, I rode a mule for 75 of those miles. Pancake contest, horseshoe tournaments, everyone had a guitar, bango, or harmonica... Great campfires and music every night. BUT, this trip was the best. I'm sure hoping Pat and I can make it for the next trip... I'm saving my money now.... Thank you for your great organization, it all ran so smoothly... You guys are the best...

Oahu is a diverse and beautiful spot. Our Hawaiian Adventure allowed us to experience the vibrant and lively Waikiki area and the lush tropical forest and incredible views. We had just the right balance of relaxation and exhilaration. From early morning swims in the warm Hawaiian waters to the lush greenery, waterfalls and bamboo forests. We had time to see it all. Our free day was a great time to see the rest of the island. Thanks for making it relaxing, fun and affordable.

Thank YOU for the most wonderful and memorable trip. I had such a great time, meeting fabulous people, and making new friends. I loved everything from snorkeling to seeing the locals playing cool Hawaiian music. I never had a dull moment.

It was a wonderful Hawaii trip. Very organized and well-planned trip.

I got to experience a good variety of activities, especially the final hike. It was great to do this as a Sierra Club activity.

Very organized from the very beginning with enough free time. I felt safe knowing that all arrangements had been made and secure. Richard was always available and able to give “insider” tips on individual outings. He’s very knowledgeable and willing to share and teach. Excellent trip and vacation.

Thanks so much – a trip I will always remember!

Memories for a lifetime.