Who's hosting? Ann Zabaldo
We all want a sustainable future, but what does it look like, and how do we get there?
Good Tree Village Cohousing and Mid Atlantic Cohousing invite you to a presentation by Liz Walker, co-founder of the EcoVillage at Ithaca and co-developer of its three cohousing communities.
The event is being held at MAS Community Center, 6408 Edsall Rd, Alexandria, VA 22312 [masked] 202.656.4882.
In her new book, Choosing a Sustainable Future, Liz Walker documents the creative and successful endeavors of the Town of Ithaca, New York's residents based on cooperation, local food production, environmental stewardship and social justice. She provides readers with a remarkable sense of possibility.
• bustling, vibrant farmers markets, overflowing with fresh, local produce
• award-winning community credit union that triples the savings of low-income people
• flagship college sustainability programs
• pioneering alternative transportation programs, such as Ithaca Carshare
• innovative efforts by coalitions of local business, university, government and activists to create transformation in areas as diverse as:
• green building
• city planning
• health and wellness
• honoring cultural diversity.
In a time of overwhelming economic, social and environmental crises, Choosing a Sustainable Future provides a quiet, authoritative voice of hope. Liz will be signing copies of her new book after her presentation. Books will be available for purchase.