add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Erlang Users of Arlington/DC Message Board › Meeting up at the DC Week Hackaton

Meeting up at the DC Week Hackaton

A former member

On the weekend of November 6th, DC Week (­), and the Small Business Administration are holding a hackathon. The two days of hacking is part of the Apps for Entrepreneur challenge (more info below).

I will be attending the hackathon. It would be nice if we had a few erlangers attend and use Erlang to compete in the challenge.

If you can make it, dont' forget to sign up at­. Once at the Hackathon make sure you find me and the rest of the erlangers. I'll make sure there is a way for you to identify the Erlang group.

Hope to see some of you there!

Details of Apps for Entrepreneurs Challenge

For most entrepreneurs and small businesses, the Federal government has useful programs and services, but it can be hard to identify, engage and navigate Federal websites. Often, small businesses do not know that the Federal government already offers a program that they would find useful. Entrepreneurs and small businesses need better tools to navigate the Federal government's vast resources – including programs, services, and procurement opportunities. The goal of the Apps for Entrepreneurs is to give small businesses and entrepreneurs those better tools through this challenge format. There are $20,000 in prizes. The challenge opens on November 5th and closes on November 20th. Please become a supporter on the site and spread the word! http://entrepreneurs....­ If you're in the DC area, we'll focus on this at the DCWEEK Hackathon + Dev Days­