addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Ethics and the Arts Message Board › More Changes!

More Changes!

Beth E.
user 2510278
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Hi All,

Many of you have been members of this meetup for a long time. As such you have known it as the NYC Film Lovers (based in Manhattan) and then when Ion got married he moved it to Brooklyn:)

So many of you are Manhattan based and many of the newer members are in Brooklyn. Now that Ion has stepped down and handed the reins to me there are more changes afoot!

As those who have been around recently, you know that I have been organizing meetups at the New York Society for Ethical Culture. I actually work at NYSEC and I am a member as well. We have many,many great culural events every month...so going forward I plan on posting all of our events that are related to the Arts.

NYSEC has a long wonderful history of progressive activism and philosophical exploration. I hope you all will join me at some of the wonderful events we host each month. These include the following (as well as other special events from time to time):

1. Ethics in Film- films are chosen for their ethical issues and a short discussion follows.

2. Ethics and the Theater- These are readings that include both professional and amateur actors and directors- a wine and cheese reception starts the evening and the play is followed by a discussion.

3. Contemporary Documentaries- These are shown in the afternoon and are on a variety of subjects.

4. Ethics in Literature- a monthly book club

We may have occasional activities off the beaten track as well. I hope that most of you will remain with me and will take advantage of these great events. The cost of admission is only $5... so much cheaper than going to theaters:)

With this these changes will come a change in our name as well. I am renaming the group Ethics and the Arts.

Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. I look forward to meeting all of you at future events!!

Beth