Ethics and the Arts Message Board › New Meetup: Comedy Contest of Champions

New Meetup: Comedy Contest of Champions

Ion F.
ionFreeman
Brooklyn, NY
Announcing a new Meetup for Brooklyn Heights Film Lovers Meetup Group!

What: Comedy Contest of Champions

When: Tuesday, November 9, 2010 8:00 PM

Price: $15.00 per person

Where: The World Stand Up Comedy Club
318 West 53rd Street
New York, NY 10019
646-242-6652

Tickets­ are only $15 until the 28th, at which date they go to $20 -- there's also a 2-drink minimum. Only 70 seats are going to be available -- let's try and fill them all.

I have been invited to participate in the wild card round of the World Comedy Contest of Champions on November 9th at 8:15. On December 10th, I will win the Comedy Contest of Champions and become a famous Hollywood actor. However first I have to win this. The winner is determined by a gong show applause-o-meter, so I'm asking you to
1. Buy a ticket to this show, using the discount code 'Ion' or my name, which happens also to be 'Ion'.
2. Sit near the applause-o-meter
3. In stony silence during the other acts
4. Go crazy with the laughing and the clapping during my act. I'll explain the jokes later.
5. Repeat on December 10.

And that's that. I can promise you I'll be funny. I don't know how these other jokers were selected, but they're probably pretty funny as well. Titter quietly to yourself as much as you like, except, I want to stress, during my act, when you should express your positive reactions very strongly.

I'm doing this all for you, you know. I can't build movies around your needs until I'm asked to star in them, and stand-up comedy is the most direct route to starring roles in major motion pictures. It's not like I have time to learn how to act. But, like Barack Obama, I can't reify our communal dreams without your participation.

We'll go hang out somewhere nearby after. I know a fondue joint nearby, but if you have other suggestions, I'm open to them. OK! See you then!

Ticket buying link: http://theworldnyc.co...­

RSVP to this Meetup:
http://www.meetup.com...­