My plan for the meetup is pretty simple - we meet, we play Euchre, we go home.
It is really important to have accurate RSVPs for Euchre because you need to have the right number of people attend so that everyone can play. Please be considerate of the rest of the members and RSVP accurately. Please see the RSVP Guidelines and Fee pages. By becoming a member of the group you agree to these policies and guidelines.
I'll bring decks of cards, you just need to bring yourself and $1. In addition, bring any money you might need for refreshments or food.
We'll play the basic rules:
- No stealing the deal (at least until we know each other a little better!)
- Preferably, deal the 5-card hands in two rounds with some combination or 1/4 or 2/3 cards
- Offer the cut to the player on the right
- Cut must leave at least four cards in each section of the pack
- If an incorrect deal is discovered (too many or too few cards) by the dealer or the dealer's partner, then it is a re-deal (same dealer) - if the other side discovers it, the deal is passed
- Ace no face is a re-deal if it is called BEFORE trump is called, if it is called AFTER trump is called, then it is just a bad hand!
- Dealer may pick up the turned card regardless of whether he has any other trump in his hand
- The dealer's partner can order up the turned card to the dealer's hand, and go alone if desired
- Going alone must be called at the same time as calling the trump
- Defending alone is not allowed
- Stick the dealer is always in effect
- The lead is always to the left of the dealer (even with loners)
- No farmer hands, high-low or any other crazy stuff
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|8 Handed Euchre? Yes, it exists!||November 4, 2009 2:14 PM||Leslie|
|Sponsorship||February 25, 2009 12:14 PM||Leslie|
|Meetup Charges||December 10, 2008 8:59 AM||Leslie|
|RSVP Guidelines and Policy||October 29, 2012 1:39 PM||Leslie|
|About The West Side Euchre Meetup Group||December 10, 2008 9:04 AM||Leslie|