The West Side Euchre Meetup Group Message Board › West Side Euchre Meetup Event Updates

West Side Euchre Meetup Event Updates

Leslie
leslieahebert
Group Organizer
Avon Lake, OH
Based on suggestions from the group and in hopes of allowing more people an opportunity to participate, I have made a few changes to the upcoming West Side Euchre Meetup Events:

- We will no longer try to manage to even 4-somes. There is no longer a maximum RSVP count, so there is no wait list. This means that anyone who wants to play will be able to sign up. This means that we may have an odd number of players, however that is the current situation today and there is simply no way to manage that easily on an ongoing basis within the Meetup site. It DOES NOT mean that people should sign up without intention to participate. A Yes RSVP is still considered to be firm.

- Each person will be allowed to RSVP for themselves and 1 guest. We are doing this to manage the number of no shows and also to encourage people to become members and manage their own RSVPs. In exception cases, you may email me with your confirmed guests and I can add to your RSVP on an exception basis.

- I have also added a standard question regarding contact information to each Meetup event. Please be sure that I have your contact information. I ask that you reply on your next RSVP again (regardless of whether you had replied previously) so I can be sure to have the info for my master list. From then on you can ignore the question when sending your RSVP.

My apologies to those who wish for me to do more to penalize those who do not honor their RSVPs, however there is not an easy way to track that on an ongoing basis within Meetup and I simply don't have the time to manage it offline. I will continue with my normal tactics and reminders about updating RSVPs and will seek to deal directly with those who are consistently and obvious no shows. This group is intended to be a place where we can all simply play cards in an open and fair environment. I have enjoyed managing the group, meeting you all and playing cards these last few yeasr and look forward to many more games to come. Thank you for your understanding. Any questions or comments, please let me know.

Leslie Hebert
+1 (216) 496-4559
osu_buckeye_fan_92@yahoo.com