addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Eugene Web Developers Message Board › Sounds Like You All Could Help!

Sounds Like You All Could Help!

Ken H.
Eugene, OR
Post #: 1
Hi all. I'm Ken. I'm a Computer Technician, repairs, upgrades, custom gaming systems and unique case's. I'm here for my son though. He has High Functioning Autism, known as Aspergers Syndrome. Basically, these kids lack most social skills, they have a hard time with their attention spans, by that I mean it can be hard for them to focus on the task at hand. Once they are focused however, transitioning or changing gears is very difficult. These kids also have what are referred to as Specialty Subjects.

My sons subject is Programing, Star Trek, and Star Wars. He also can pose some very interesting philosophical questions. He is 18, graduated from High School early and has or will have soon, a regular diploma from Willamette HS. He's one of the nicest guys you could meet. He has his moments, but so do we all.

I'm looking for a group of folks that can share his interest and offer him some guidance. He has plans for college, he'll probably start out at Lane, but the transition from HS to the next step has been rough and his mom and I worry about him handling the environment without support. He is funny, he can rattle off code in C++ to the point my head spins, and yet walking into a strange environment is tough for him to the extreme. I know a bit and can follow to a certain point, I learned Basic, Fortran, and Cobal, but that was long ago and I just never had the talent for it. I'm a technician, I come behind the Engineers and make their great idea's function in the real world, lol. I just can't help him any more. I can go with him and support him with the social stuff, but he needs to get involved with a group of geeky guys and gals like him.

Oh he is a Dungeon and Dragons player and he's pretty good at coming up with ways to mod it. He's also a Mine Craft player.

I guess if you guys think he could hang and maybe learn a bit from any of you, get in touch and we'll see what happens!