EUG PHP is all about PHP development in the age of ubiquitous internet. PHP has come a long way since its humble origins and drunken adolescence. The barrier to entry remains intentionally low but today PHP also enjoys an excellent toolset for testing, design, coding and deployment of modern web and mobile-focused applications. Even more importantly the PHP social community is welcoming and vibrant.
Some topics we cover are:
• PHP Frameworks such as Laravel, Symfony, and Silex
• CMSes such as Wordpress, Joomla, and Expression Engine
• Design trends and tools, such as Bootstrap, Foundation, and Material Design
• Coding tools and resources, from vim to PHP Storm to GitHub
• Software design patterns and testing strategies, TDD, BDD, DDD (!!)
• Databases from MySQL and PostreSQL to Redis and Neo4J
• Mobile app development, especially hybrid HTML5 mobile apps
• Cloud Deployment, Vagrant, Docker and hosting
If you're interested in any of these things, regardless of your skill level or follower count, join us! You don't need to be a PHP developer, but you do need to be PHP-friendly. And people-friendly too, because like any Meetup half the reason we get together as EUG PHP is to make friends with others in Eugene's growing tech scene.
I decided to start Reno Motorcycle Riders Group because I wanted to be part of a group of people who enjoyed my passion... I was excited and nervous. Our group has grown by leaps and bounds. I never thought it would be this big.
— Henry, started Reno Motorcycle Riders