The ex-religious of Greater Vancouver Message Board › God On Trial: The Verdict

God On Trial: The Verdict

TheDruid-3X3
TheDruid-3X3
Surrey, BC
Post #: 1,035
After getting home from yesterdays Atheist Meetup, I had watched a BBC Program on YouTube called "God On Trial".

Then I found this Link:

http://news.bbc.co.uk...­

Then I saw the final 10 minutes of God On Trial:

http://www.youtube.co...­

After seeing God On Trial and finding the Link confirming what Pope Benedict did, I now say this:

The Judeo/Christian God Is Not Good!

3X3
marty
marty
Burnaby, BC
Post #: 5
Ratzinger is a man. Not a nice one at that, I met him. But to say that his god is bad because he is not a good man is sort of ludicrous!
Besides, there is no god; neither yours nor his...
TheDruid-3X3
TheDruid-3X3
Surrey, BC
Post #: 1,041
When did you get to meet Ratzinger?

Do tell the Story!

3X3
marty
marty
Burnaby, BC
Post #: 7
As a teenager, when he was still a cardinal, during the papal visit to Vienna. Paul 6 came to my school (Vienna Choir Boys) and I met both of them. Paul was a nice man, I met him 3 times. I also met Wojtyla (John Paul 2) twice several years later and he was a truly super guy! But Ratzinger was not, it always felt like he'd rather be somewhere else, quite un-gracious.
TheDruid-3X3
TheDruid-3X3
Surrey, BC
Post #: 1,711
One thing that has occurred to me is that I have known many instances of Holocaust Survivors, whilst being Interviewed, make statements to the affect that they could not believe what was happening to them to the point that they Forsake and Gave Up Believing in God.

I guess that it was during the Holocaust that Atheism had some of its Greatest Advances.

3X3
TheDruid-3X3
TheDruid-3X3
Surrey, BC
Post #: 1,712
As a teenager, when he was still a cardinal, during the papal visit to Vienna. Paul 6 came to my school (Vienna Choir Boys) and I met both of them. Paul was a nice man, I met him 3 times. I also met Wojtyla (John Paul 2) twice several years later and he was a truly super guy! But Ratzinger was not, it always felt like he'd rather be somewhere else, quite un-gracious.

I guess you were right. He is now Somewhere Else.

3X3